I am feeling super generous today: I am going to share the recipe of a cake that tastes like heaven. A deliciously melts-as-you-swoon chocolate brownie topped with a blissful-sweet-and-sour raspberries cheesecake topping. Enjoy!
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 400g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 110g plain flour, sifted
- 400g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington pan.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream the butter and 250g of the caster sugar until pale, then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour. Spread three-quarters of the mixture into the lined pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and eggs and the vanilla extract until smooth, then spread over the chocolate base.
- Dollop the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream cheese layer and use a fork to swirl the chocolate. Poke the raspberries into the top and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, then cut into squares and serve!